The EODP advances economic development in rural Eastern Ontario. Through the EODP, the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario) is collaborating with Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDCs) in Eastern Ontario to promote the growth of new and existing businesses in rural communities.
- The Municipality of North Grenville will be delivering their BR+E Program to the local business community during 2016-2017.The Municipality will be working on the project with the Old Town Kemptville Business Improvement Area, the North Grenville Chamber of Commerce, and other partners.
- BR+E is a community-based, action-oriented and volunteer-driven economic development tool to encourage the growth and stability of local business. BR+E promotes a welcoming business environment and fosters job retention and creation by helping communities identify and prioritize actions to address both issues and opportunities facing local businesses.
- GCFDC is one of the 15 Community Futures Development Corporations
- The Eastern Ontario Development Program is a $48-million economic development initiative focused on addressing economic challenges in Eastern Ontario and taking advantage of innovative opportunities in the region.
“This investment in the Municipality of North Grenville’s BR+E project will result in the identification of key data required to better understand the challenges of businesses. This data will inform the development of a BR+E strategy designed to ensure businesses receive the supports that they need to succeed and grow, create new jobs and capitalize on opportunities.”
Sally Litz, Chair, Grenville Community Futures Development Corporation
“Through its Innovation Agenda, the Government of Canada is helping to position the country as a global centre for business, industry and technology. The Business Retention and Expansion project is an example how strong local business contributes to a stronger national economy.”
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science, Economic Development and Minister responsible for theFederal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
“North Grenville boasts a progressive approach to economic and community development. We are very thankful to have an incredible corporation such as the Grenville CFDC to help support our initiatives. With almost 800 small businesses in North Grenville, we have a wonderful and diverse business community. These entrepreneurs are a critical component of our local economy. The CFDC plays a major role in supporting these businesses. Their efforts help ensure that businesses are provided with the necessary support and services to help them thrive.”
Matt Gilmer, Economic Development Coordinator, Municipality of North Grenville
- Eastern Ontario Development Program
- Grenville Community Futures Development Corporation
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario